Skip to content

Cinema Studies Majors and Minors: Signing up for CS 236 or JEM 336

Cinema Studies majors and minors can take Cinema Studies/Art C 236 or Journalism and Electronic Media 336 without taking the prerequisites for the ArtC and JEM majors.  However, you need to contact a person in Art or JEM to get a prerequisite override. 

For the Art Department, contact Stephanie Philips (, and for JEM, contact Kijeka Lewis (   In your email, indicate that you're a Cinema Studies Major or Minor, and that you would like to get the prerequisites overridden and enroll in the course.  If there are seats available, these staff members can accommodate you.  You'll need to provide them with your ID number.

The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.